Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIS HAPPINESS THAT I HAVE

Today I was on the phone with an aunt of mine,

She lives in Iowa where it is cold all the time,

I usually only get to see her in the summer,

Which can sometimes be a bummer,

She answered the phone within the third ring,

Then I felt inside of me a sudden ping.

I can’t keep from smiling

When I talk to family on the phone,

It is so unstoppable,

Just like how you love me unconditionally,

God, you are the giver of love,

And I receive it with joyfulness.


We talked of many things,

Including what the weather will bring,

It was sixty degrees in my state,

But she was not so fortune with this fate,

My aunt had a temperature below freezing,

This was definitely not pleasing,


I can’t keep from smiling

When I talk to family on the phone,

It is so unstoppable,

Just like how you love me unconditionally,

God, you are the giver of love,

And I receive it with joyfulness.


Talking to her was quite fun,

However, the call was a short one,

Because she had a customer,

Who needed help with an matter,

I said good-bye to my aunt,

And she replied with the same chant,


I can’t keep from smiling

When I talk to family on the phone,

It is so unstoppable,

Just like how you love me unconditionally,

God, you are the giver of love,

And I receive it with joyfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment