Sunday, April 5, 2009

I’M STUCK IN THESE SHOES

I’m stuck in these shoes,

I’ve tried to look back and look forward,

But these shoes won’t let me go,

Look out here I come,

Get out of the way or I’ll plow you down,

These shoes are set to one pace,

And that pace is present,


Feeling frustrated with God,

Wanting a way out,

Be patient, have peace,

Take those thoughts in prayer,

God answers every prayer,

But in an unexpected way,


I’m stuck in these shoes,

I can only go forward,

But forward at a steady pace,

No rushing to the future,

There is no way out,

I have to accept this path,

No one else can walk in these shoes,

Feeling frustrated with God,

Wanting a way out,

Be patient, have peace,

Take those thoughts in prayer,

God answers every prayer,

But in an unexpected way,


I’m stuck in these shoes,

So I’ll walk in the present,

Until the future comes to past,

Clearly I can’t change what has already happened,

So I will accept wherever God leads,

I’ve had a great number of tumbles in my day.


Feeling frustrated with God,

Wanting a way out,

Be patient, have peace,

Take those thoughts in prayer,

God answers every prayer,

But in an unexpected way.

No comments:

Post a Comment