Saturday, October 10, 2009

What a Nightmare?

Are the hours not getting shorter?
And the minutes getting quicker?
As I am dwelling in my education,
So is my list of allies becoming shorter?
And my opportunities for friendships fading quicker?
What must I do to end this madness?
Do I shake my responsibilities to the books?
And spill my innermost secrets to a new someone,
Or do I try to find the balance between knowledge and relations,
This spiral spin is twisting me in ways,
I never thought possible,
I am I to find a friend,
Amongst all these binding pages,
Or if I close the book,
Will I find a door instead?
That leads to that someone,
Or does it lead to that opportunity,
That fulfills all my dreams,
So this nightmare might end.



1 comment:

  1. When I first wrote this I was just speculating, I didn't really feel the pull, "This spiral spin is twisting me in ways I never thought possible," but now I have a bigger workload of homework and I very much feel all the stress. I tend to do that; to anticipate or speculate what I or someone else in a situation like mine might be feeling in my poems.

    ReplyDelete