Saturday, October 10, 2009

Untitled (on the drive home from Breckenridge, Colorado)

Many have friends,
And call you friend,
Yet those who claim you,
Turn away from you,
When times go wrong,
Are you not more than a friend,
Like a friend,
You are always there for me,
But like a God,
You do not betray me,

This world was perfect,
Everything revolved around God,
Now sin has entered in,
Causing a struggle between man and God,
Faith is a rare existence to been seen.

You are not a friend,
You are much deeper than that,
You are a God,
Who created me and everything in this world,
I have a faith much deeper than this shallow world,

This world was perfect,
Everything revolved around God,
Now sin has entered in,
Causing a struggle between man and God,
Faith is a rare existence to been seen.

When you created this world,
You intended it to glorify you,
Instead the world has turned,
It is a selfish world,

This world was perfect,
Everything revolved around God,
Now sin has entered in,
Causing a struggle between man and God,
Faith is a rare existence to been seen.

I will live for you, Lord,
This world is what I was,
I have found my new life,
I plan to turn this world,
I want to glorify you, Lord.

This world was perfect,
Everything revolved around God,
Now sin has entered in,
Causing a struggle between man and God,
Faith is a rare existence to been seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment